Sunday, November 13, 2016

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream x NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint SPF 30

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream x NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint SPF 30

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream |
You all know that the only face cream I've used for the past few years is the amazing Aesop Mandarin Facial Hydrating Cream, but hey, it doesn't hurt to experiment! Especially when it comes to Bobbi Brown products. I remember playing with my mom's Bobbi Brown makeup and skincare products as a kid (without permission, hehe) and now it's time to give it a proper test. Bobbi Brown claims this is a "light moisturizing cream that leaves skin healthy and prepared for a seamless makeup application". Yasss, sounds right up my street! I love the lightweight texture and how it doesn't leave that dreaded greasy film after it absorbs into the skin, leaving it soft and plump - no more dry patches! So yes, it does seem to enhance makeup application as claimed. Unfortunately, I've noticed some texture and clogged pores on my forehead and cheeks after using this for a few days, which has never happened with my Aesop face cream. I can't say for certain this is the culprit, but needless to say I'll be holding off on this for a while until I can give it another fair try just to be sure. For now, I'm sticking to my trusty Aesop cream!

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream x NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint SPF 30

NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint SPF 30 |
After trying my luck with the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation, it was about time I gave their new(ish) foundation a go. Velvet matte sure sounded like a winner for my oily-combination skin, but I was so wrong. This NARS base is an "oil-free skin tint to protect and perfect with medium, buildable coverage and a soft-matte finish", and it has a whipped, mousse-like consistency that, while much thicker than other bases I own, was easy to spread and blend. The shade Alaska looks a shade too dark on my arm, but actually matches my face nicely. This felt comfortable upon application, but I was distracted by how visibly drying and cakey it looked, particularly around my nose, mouth and forehead. I was hoping it would look better as the day went on. Nope! In fact, I'm just going to come right out and say this was pretty terrible. This looks alright far away, but all sorts of bad close up - cakey, thick, dry, messy, settled into my fine lines (especially my smile lines), and worst of all, it faded incredibly patchy and streaky, to the point where I was self-conscious of talking to people up close! I will say that my dry, parched winter skin probably isn't the best canvas to try this formula on, but nevertheless, this just did not work for me. Shame.

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream x NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint SPF 30

1 comment:

  1. I read your review on Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream Vs NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint SPF 30 and it's amazing. Please keep posting content like this. Also, please review SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore Cream as I am using this cream from past 6 months and it works so well.

    ReplyDelete