Thursday, March 16, 2017

REVIEW | Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Color x Rouge Coco Stylo Complete Care Lipshine

Even though I don't like wearing lipstick on a daily basis, I still catch myself at times staring at the two Chanel lippies in my collection in adoration - the Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Color and Rouge Coco Stylo Complete Care Lipshine. Just holding a Chanel lipstick in my hand makes me feel a hundred times classier, and I just want to apply them on my lips all the time!

REVIEW | Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Color x Rouge Coco Stylo Complete Care Lipshine
Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Color
$37USD at Chanel, Nordstrom
0.12 oz | 33 shades

Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo Complete Care Lipshine
$37USD at ChanelNordstrom
0.07 oz | 9 shades

REVIEW | Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Color x Rouge Coco Stylo Complete Care Lipshine - 440 Arthur | 212 Recit
440 Arthur | 212 Recit

Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Color in 440 Arthur |
This is a limited edition, mini-sized lipstick that I received after attending the Chanel pop-up event last year, and it's in the shade 440 Arthur, a medium red-orange shade with a luminous finish. (Fun fact - this is the exact color that Keira Knightley wore in the Rouge Coco ads, but unlike me, she looks effortlessly chic and put together.) It has great pigment and a smooth, buttery consistency that felt very comfortable on the lips. It pulls more coral than red on my pale skin, which I don't think is the most flattering, but I think this pop of color would look beautiful with a tan. Currently, I wear this shade lightly stained on the lips - a perfect popsicle-stained pout - and it manages to subtly brighten my face and complexion. The luminosity and shine disappears after about an hour - this stuff does transfer - but the color stays put for about four hours, even after eating.

Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo Complete Care Lipshine in 212 Recit |
My sister picked this out for my birthday, and for someone who isn't all that into makeup, I think she made a brilliant choice with this gorgeous berry shade. These lipshines claim to have "the intensity of a lipstick, the shine of a lipgloss and the comfort of a lip balm" with a hydrating formula that includes apple seed extract, jojoba oil and coconut oil. It's in a twist-up style (but beware - you can't twist back down so don't be too ambitious!) and this color in 212 Recit is a beautiful berry plum shade with a pearlescent finish, and has teeny tiny gold flecks of shimmer in the tube that (thankfully) doesn't translate on the lips. It is considerably more lustrous and glossy - like a lipgloss - than the lip color in Arthur, but not as opaque upon first swipe. It's buildable from a light mauvey berry shade to a deep plum color. This truly felt comfortable and hydrating like a lip balm, with a very emollient and buttery formula. I also enjoy wearing this lightly dabbed on for an everyday look, as opposed to smeared on at full opacity. This has around the same lasting power - around four hours - but the glossy effect stays put for almost as long. Just like Arthur, Recit does transfer as well, but when it wears off, it leaves behind a beautiful mauve, MLBB stain.

REVIEW | Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Color x Rouge Coco Stylo Complete Care Lipshine - 440 Arthur | 212 Recit
440 Arthur | 212 Recit

So far, I'm impressed with the performance of these two Chanel lip products (but perhaps not as much by the price), so holler in the comments if you have any favorites or holy grails from the brand, as I'd love to check them out in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment