Friday, September 1, 2017

REVIEW | Céline Trio Bag

It's been exactly two months since my last post, and I know, it's completely unacceptable. Between taking time off from work, traveling and starting a new job, my life has been cray cray as of late, but I'm finally back on a routine and ready to roll!

I was chatting on here recently about my adventures in Finland, Sweden and Denmark back in June, and shared my mini haul from & Other Stories during my visit in Stockholm in my last post. Well, hold onto your hats, 'cos I'm about to unveil this gorgeous luxury purchase that I scooped up during my time in Copenhagen - say hej to my new Celine Trio Bag!

REVIEW | Céline Trio Bag

On the last day of our three day stay in the city, we went and walked along Stroget, one of Copenhagen's most famous spots (as well as one of Europe's longest pedestrian streets). I had two main objectives that day - the first was to visit the beautiful Tortus boutique and studio which has been on my wishlist for years, and the second was to drop by Illum, a Copenhagen-based luxury department store, to browse one of my favorite luxury brands. Just as I thought I would be leaving Céline empty handed, as they didn't have the exact Mini Belt Bag that I had in mind, I caught a glimpse of the massive pile of Celine Trio bags neatly stacked on top of a pristine glass table, and this particular Trio Bag in Smoke, a new colour for the upcoming Fall season, just called out to me. And now, here we are!

The Céline Trio comes in two sizes - large and small - but I found the difference in dimensions to be quite minuscule. For reference, the large is slightly roomier at 10" x 7" x 2" compared to the small at 9" x 6" x 2". I opted for the latter, just because it looked a bit daintier on my 5'5 frame. The leather strap is adjustable and has a 20" drop, and hits me perfectly at the hip when worn on the shoulder and a bit higher when worn cross body.

REVIEW | Céline Trio Bag

The leather feels very soft, smooth and high quality, and the gold hardware adds a touch of flare to complement the simplicity of the design. There are three zipped pouches that are attached together with snap buttons, with the strap permanently attached to the middle pouch. If you detach the front and back pouches and clip them together, it can be used as a clutch. I don't see myself doing this however, as it's quite difficult to snap the pouches on and off without feeling like I'm bending and ruining the leather. Plus, the Céline logo is only embossed on the front pouch, so there really is no point in using the pouches separately.

Despite its flat and inflexible appearance, the bag can surprisingly fit quite a lot - the soft leather allows for some give and the pouches expand to carry a lot more than it seems capable of. I personally choose not to do so because of fear of ruining or stretching the material, since anything that is pointy or more irregular in shape can poke out and distort the leather - which freaks me out. So far, I haven't gotten a single scratch or scrape on it, and I would very much like to keep it that way!
REVIEW | Céline Trio Bag

After two months of regular use, this bag has proven to be quite lovely for casual days out, and fits most of my essentials that I can then organise into different pouches. Not gonna lie, most of the time I forget where I put certain things, so I end up having to unzip all three pouches to find what I'm looking for. Now, I stick to putting my most important belongings in the middle pouch, makeup and gum in the front, and keys and random trinkets in the back.

The only gripe I have with this bag is that it doesn't fit my everyday Céline Large Flap Wallet - it takes me a few extra minutes to take out my must-haves (ID, credit card, cash, VIP and loyalty cards) and transfer them into a smaller wallet, and when I'm in a hurry and need to get out the door fast (which is always, 'cos I'm never on time), this becomes a slight hassle. But hey, I opted to get a bag this size, so I really don't have the right to complain.

While I certainly don't believe this is a must-have bag from the brand (unlike their cult classic aka the Céline Luggage Tote), I still think it's a great luxury buy with a lower, more affordable price point and equally amazing quality and workmanship. Currently, I'm rotating between the Trio and my two other newer bag additions, the Mansur Gavriel Mini Bucket Bag and the Manu Atelier Mini Pristine, and I couldn't be happier! Yahoo!

Stay tuned as I share my long overdue mini hauls from Inglot and NYX, as well as the rest of my adventures in the Baltic Sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment