Tuesday, September 26, 2017

HAUL x REVIEW | NYX Cosmetics Lip Liners

The perfect way to cap off a full morning of exploring Tallinn's Old Town was to venture into the nearest shopping center, Viru Keskus, located right across the gates of Old Town. I came back out with a backpack full of snacks and a handful of lip goodness from NYX Cosmetics.

HAUL x REVIEW | NYX Cosmetics Lip Liners

Just like my Inglot haul, I took these pictures the second I got back to my hotel room so that I could finally try them on. I've always had a thing for NYX lip liners - they are very affordable yet high-quality - and the range of colors that NYX offers is huge. The Slim Lip Pencil range by itself has 50 shades, not to mention another 36 shades in their Suede Matte Lip Liner range, and dozens more in other styles and finishes. I firmly believe that lip liners are one of those products you don't need to splurge on (you still can if you want to) and I often just wear lip liner on its own instead of lipstick. After swatching every single shade the store had to offer - my arm was literally stained up to my elbow for the rest of the day - I narrowed it down to these final five (and yes, I do love my neutrals and mauves).

HAUL x REVIEW | NYX Cosmetics Lip Liners

Slide On, Glide On, Stay On & Definitely A Turn On Waterproof, Extreme Color Lip Liners in Sugar Glass | "true nude with yellow undertone"
This is a pretty browny nude that really suits my complexion and complements any makeup look. It looks better when applied on dry lips as opposed to on top of lip balm, as the slip can take away the pigment. The closest match to anything in my collection is my No7 Precision Lip Liner in Nude, which is a tad peachier and deeper.

Slide On, Glide On, Stay On & Definitely A Turn On Waterproof, Extreme Color Lip Liners in Nude Suede Shoes | "nude with pink undertone"
This shade is the most similar to my natural lip color, and makes my lips looks more perfected and pouty. It's a close dupe to my Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk, which is just a bit darker. I'm also very pleased with this formula - this and Sugar Glass definitely have the longest staying power and the smoothest application.

Suede Matte Lip Liner in Soft-Spoken | "ash rose"
This also has a super soft and velvety consistency, but doesn't last as long on the lips as the Slide On formula. The shade is just up my street - a smidgen darker than one of my all time faves, MAC Lip Pencil in Whirl, and pretty much identical in shade to my Sephora Collection Color Lip Last in Brown Is Back.

Slim Lip Pencil in Mauve | "mauve"

This is a beautiful purple mauve that is perfect for when I want a vampy look that isn't too intense. The formula is a bit more drying but still comfortable to wear. The color is identical to my Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge Waterproof Liquid Lip Colour in 3 Light Rosewood.

Slim Lip Pencil in Ever "warm mauve-brown"
This is the warmest, reddest shade of the bunch, and because it is so similar to my MAC Lip Pencil in Soar, I gave it away to my mom who looks gorgeous in it. This helps brighten your face and makes you look more put together.

HAUL x REVIEW | NYX Cosmetics Lip Liners
Sugar Glass | Nude Suede Shoes | Soft-Spoken | Mauve | Ever

If you don't own any of the NYX lip liners, I suggest you go to their nearest store, have an epic swatch fest and haul a bunch for yourself - with so many shades and finishes, you are bound to find a few (or more) that you'll love!

No comments:

Post a Comment