Wednesday, June 1, 2016

HAUL x FIRST IMPRESSIONS | Colourpop, Target and Bath & Body Works

Here is part two of my beauty haul from my short stop in Boston - I featured all the lovely products I picked up at Sephora in part one, and now it's time to share everything I hauled from Colourpop, Target and Bath & Body Works!

HAUL x FIRST IMPRESSIONS | Colourpop, Target and Bath & Body Works

Let's get into Colourpop first, 'cos I have been obsessed with this brand ever since I did my first haul a few months back. I also totally made good on my promise that I'd pick up more products! Like a total badass, I ordered from Colourpop's website while I was in Rotterdam to have the package delivered to my hotel in Boston, and it got there the same morning I arrived. Talk about perfect timing.

HAUL x FIRST IMPRESSIONS | Colourpop
Wisp | Butterfly Beach | Solow | Echo Park | Bichette | Brink

I absolutely love the first (and only) Colourpop highlighter I got, Lunch Money, and decided to pick up two more as gifts for my mom and sister. The price, quality and formula of these highlighters really can't be beat! I chose Wisp (golden champagne) for my sister, who is more warm-toned, and Butterfly Beach (soft peach with gold and silver highlights) for my mom, who has more of a pink undertone. But after swatching these, I am seriously regretting not getting duplicates for myself. What was I thinking?! 
For lips, I picked up another Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Solow (neutral nude pink) which I found slightly more drying than the others, and tried one of the new Ultra Satin Liquid Lipsticks in Echo Park (warm peachy nude) which I am liking so far. It does transfer quite a bit - on everything my lips touch - but is much more comfortable on the lips and has decent staying power. I also tried one of the Lippie Stix in Bichette (deep red wine), which also transfers like crazy but leaves a stain on the lips thereby increasing the staying power. Lastly, I picked up another Lippie Pencil in Brink (warm dusty taupe) for my sister - I'm still loving mine in Lumière - and chose this shade since online reviews claimed it was a very close dupe for one of my all-time favorite lip liners from MAC in Soar. See the swatch below and you can judge for yourself, but to me it looks pretty darn similar!


Colourpop Swatches - Wisp | Butterfly Beach | Solow | Echo Park | Bichette | Brink
Wisp | Butterfly Beach | Solow | Echo Park | Bichette | Brink

DUPE - Colourpop Brink | MAC Soar
Colourpop Brink | MAC Soar

Now onto goodies from good ol' Target. I can spend hours inside roaming the beauty aisles (which I did), but I exercised some self-restraint and only picked up a couple essentials. For years, I've heard rave reviews about L'oreal's Telescopic Original Mascara and decided it was finally time to try it for myself (and will update you once I do!). I got backups of my all-time favorite drugstore concealer, the Maybelline Fit Me Concealers, in 10 Light, 15 Fair, and 20 Sand. The numbering can be confusing - 15 Fair is actually the lightest, pinkier shade, 10 Light is a tad darker and peachier, and 20 Sand is yellow-toned. I picked up some more e.l.f. Cosmetics brushes from their Essentials and Studio lines (and bought duplicates for my sister - aren't I just the sweetest). These include the Essentials Eyeshadow Brush, Essentials Eyeliner Brush (too thick for eyeliner but my go-to eyebrow brush for years), Studio Blending Brush, and the Studio Small Tapered Brush (which works perfect with my highlighter). The quality of the e.l.f brushes are quite exceptional considering the very affordable price point, and I would say these (along with the Real Techniques brushes) are some of my favorite and most-used brushes.

Target | L'oreal Telescopic Original Mascara | Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 10, 15, 20 | e.l.f Brushes
L'oreal Telescopic Original Mascara| Maybelline Fit Me Concealers in 10, 15, 20 | e.l.f Brushes

Last but not least, Bath & Body Works"2 for $20" candle sale got me, yet again, and I picked up my favorite BBW candle scent, Georgia Peach (which smells like you're frolicking in a meadow of fresh peaches) and Vanilla Bean (that reminds me of my discontinued favorite, Homemade Cookies, and smells like creamy Vanilla and marshmallows). However, as much as I love these candles, I've realized that there might be better, cleaner and safer alternatives out there (such as candles made with soy or beeswax) that are less likely to produce potentially toxic chemicals when burning. This time around, I noticed both candle wicks burning with black smoke, and I guess you can never be too careful when it comes to your health and the environment you're living in. I will definitely keep you guys posted on any good alternatives I find. But I still love you, Bath & Body Works!

Bath & Body Works | Vanilla Bean, Georgia Peach
Vanilla Bean | Georgia Peach

I hope you enjoyed this two part haul from my trip to the US! As I've accumulated a lot of new products recently, get ready for a whole lot more product reviews and a whole lot less hauling (but no promises). Until next time!

PS. I didn't realize I forgot to include the Sonia Kashuk Undetectable Cream Bronzer until after everything was written and done. Of course. But fear not, it will be featured in my next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment