Sunday, June 26, 2016

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Philosophy Time In A Bottle x Murad Essential-C Day Moisture SPF30

We're into our fourth edition of Sample Sunday! Woohoo! Let's check out another two skincare samples this week.

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Philosophy Time In A Bottle x Murad Essential-C Day Moisture SPF30

Philosophy Time In A Bottle Daily Age-Defying Serum |
My ears instantly perked up when I heard that this serum from Philosophy claimed to go beyond just improving signs of aging, and actually targets our skin's DNA. Say whaaat? It supposedly contains a DNA renewal complex (ooooh) and a high-potency vitamin C8 (ahhhh) that helps transform the skin and protect it from environmental stressors. Philosophy also claims that improved skin - in radiance, evenness and texture - should be noticeable in just one week! Well, besides the serum - which comes out as a pink, lightweight gel - feeling quite hydrating and soothing on the skin, I personally didn't see much a difference. Bummer. Maybe I needed to use this for longer - or have a larger sample - but based on my week-long experience, I don't think it's worth the hefty price tag ($75 USD) and will not be purchasing the full size.

Philosophy Time In A Bottle

Murad Essential-C Day Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF30 PA+++ |
I have been on the hunt for a good face moisturizer that also has SPF, and had such high hopes for this one from Murad. Not only does this antioxidant-rich moisturizer protect the skin from UVA, UVB rays, and free radical damage, it also helps renew the skin and improve clarity, firmness and elasticity. Sounds totes amazing, and I really wanted to love this. But alas, it was just not meant to be. While the citrusy scent and lightweight feel of the moisturizer are certainly two pluses, this did not sink into my skin and made makeup application quite challenging. My foundation seemed to blend with the moisturizer and as the day went on, my face turned into a patchy, streaky nightmare, not to mention a greasy hot mess. I do believe that the insane humidity was this moisturizer's biggest downfall, so it might still be worth another shot during the colder months. Let's just shelve this as "Undecided" for now, and I'll keep you guys posted.

Murad Essential-C Day Moisture SPF30

So there you go, another two products that just didn't really impress me. Sigh. Better luck next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment