Sunday, June 19, 2016

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Too Faced Born This Way x First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Eye Cream

For this week's Sample Sunday, I'm trying a foundation that everyone has been raving about, and an eye cream that claims to do everything. Let's see how they both fared for me..

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Too Faced Born This Way x First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Eye Cream

Too Faced Born This Way Absolute Perfection Foundation |

When a foundation claims to masterfully diffuse the line between makeup and skin and offer undetectable coverage, trust that my expectations will be soaring. This Too Faced foundation has been getting rave reviews all across the board, so needless to say I was super excited to get a sample with one of my online Sephora purchases. My shade is in Vanilla - catered to fair to light skin with neutral to pink undertones - and it's a bit too light on me but works fine after some good ol' bronzer. Although I am not a fan of the strange, almost synthetic scent this has - might just be mine - boy, am I impressed with its amazing coverage. With just one pump, my skin looked pretty darn flawless - no more redness or discoloration. However, the claim of offering undetectable coverage seemed to only ring true for me with indoor lighting. As soon as I walked outside, I could see the foundation emphasized dry patches on my chin and forehead. Not a cute look. And even though this is oil-free, I found it too rich for my oily skin - it's formulated with coconut water for hydration - and I looked uber greasy in the T-zone after just three hours. So unlike everyone else who seems to adore this foundation, I won't be purchasing the full size. Too bad, so sad.

Too Faced Born This Way - Vanilla Swatch

First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Eye Cream |

While it's already challenging in itself to find an eye cream that can do everything - hydrate, firm, combat fine lines, dark circles and puffiness - and still be comfortable and non-irritating under the eyes, I need an eye cream that also works well under makeup. 'Cos I don't got time (or money) for two separate eye creams for the AM and PM! For the past two years, I've been using Clinique's All About Eyes because it doesn't irritate my eyes and works wonderfully under makeup, but it's been quite ineffective in terms of combating those issues I just mentioned. So this multi-tasking, age-delaying eye cream from First Aid Beauty sounds like a dream come true. It has five claims -  to smooth, firm, brighten, and nourish the skin while combating free radicals -  and is paraben and sulfate-free. It's also supposed to be fragrance-free, but my sample definitely has an off-putting, almost sour smell to it - I'm just going to put that down as the sample being past its prime. It comes out as a gel and is tacky in texture on application, but dries down after a minute or so. My under eyes do feel moisturized and slightly tightened, and it doesn't irritate my eyes whatsoever. One week - and one small sample - is obviously not enough time to test out all those claims, but I can already say that I won't be purchasing the full size because this simply does not work under makeup. The moment you start applying foundation and concealer, the eye cream starts separating underneath and eventually pills up into little clumps. The hunt continues..

First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Eye Cream

That's a wrap! Two samples that are must-haves for many, but just sadly did not work for me. Goes to show you can live without certain products that other people can't live without! 

No comments:

Post a Comment