Sunday, June 12, 2016

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Fresh Sugar Face Polish x Kiehl's Micro-Blur Skin Perfector

This week's Sample Sunday is going to be all about skincare! The stifling heat and humidity in Hong Kong is really taking a toll on my skin - clogged pores, flaky skin, grossness all around - so it's the perfect time to test out two skincare products that can supposedly help combat these unsightly issues.

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Fresh Sugar Face Polish x Kiehl's Micro-Blur Skin Perfector

Fresh Sugar Face Polish |
Fresh has got to be one of my favorite skincare brands of all time - I love every single product I've tried from the brand (so far), and the clean and minimalistic packaging is right up my street. This generous sample of their best-selling face exfoliating mask is made with "pure brown sugar and real strawberries that creates the appearance of a softer, smoother, more radiant complexion" and the scent is deliciously sweet, like a mix of citrus and strawberry. You're supposed to gently massage a generous amount onto cleansed, moist skin, and leave it on for five to ten minutes before rinsing with warm water. Okay, this makes my skin feel incredible -  so soft and smooth and supple! This is everything I want in a face exfoliator - it's gentle yet effective, leaves my face feeling smooth and hydrated, and the scent is wonderfully sweet. Flaky skin, no more! I will definitely be picking up the full size once I'm done with this sample, fo sho.

Fresh Sugar Face Polish

Kiehl's Micro-Blur Skin Perfector |
Large, visible pores are a huge insecurity for many people, myself included, and this sample from Kiehl's sounded like it could be the answer to the problem. Touted as both a makeup and skincare product, this claims to instantly minimize the appearance of pores and refine skin texture, as well as provide long-lasting pore and texture correction. Sign me up for some of that! After trying this for a week, however, I'm still torn. As a primer, I do see some improvement in terms of pore minimization and blurring, most noticeably on my nose, and it does make my face feel and look smoother. But it certainly doesn't make my pores look invisible, which I was hoping it would do. This does contain silicone, which makes the texture quite slippery but it glides nicely on the skin and feels lightweight on the face. One issue I had was that the product does separate - water kept oozing out of the packet - and I've read that the same has happened to others. I made sure to blot away the moisture before application and there were no problems. I am definitely more intrigued with this as a skincare product and its ability to improve the skin and diminish pores in the long run. You're supposed to also use this at night as the last step in your skincare routine, and I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me, but I do see slight improvement on my nose after the week! So I would be willing to give the full size a chance, which costs $35 USD. Will definitely keep you posted on whether this is worth the splurge!

Kiehl's Micro-Blur Skin Perfector
Swatched | Blended out

Thanks for tuning in to the second edition of Sample Sunday

Let me know if you guys have tried either one of these products, and if you love it or hate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment