Sunday, June 5, 2016

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream x Guerlain So Volume Maxi Lash Mascara

I am a hoarder.

A hoarder of beauty samples, to be exact. As I'm staring at my vanity drawer overflowing with makeup, skincare and haircare samples, I've come up with a new series I'd like to call Sample Sunday.

It will be a chance for me to finally stop hoarding and start trying all the beauty samples I have in my possession. The plan is to test out different products every week, and report back on the weekends - short and sweet, no rambling! - about whether I've been impressed enough to consider purchasing the full size. Straight forward, right? Here we go - the first ever edition of Sample Sunday!

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream x Guerlain Cils D'Enfer So Volume Maxi Lash Mascara

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30/PA+++ |
This is my first venture into CC creams, which are supposed to color correct any redness or discoloration on the face and give you a healthy, perfected glow. This Clinique CC cream is oil-free, fragrance free and comes in six shades. Mine is in Natural Fair - shades are named differently in Asia - which matches my face very nicely. It's quite thick in texture and can be hard to blend over the dryer areas on the face, so moisturizing beforehand is a must. You also have to blend rather quickly as the product can get patchy and stiff. Once blended, it does feel light on the skin and offers light to medium coverage, with adequate SPF for everyday. But I just don't find it to be anything special - it's challenging to work with and my tinted moisturizers do a better job - so I will not be buying the full size. Sorry, Clinique - I still love you!

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream Swatch
Swatched | Blended out

Guerlain Cils D'Enfer So Volume Maxi Lash Mascara |
I am not a high-end mascara kind of girl - my long time favorite was the CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara - and only recently have I switched over to Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara. Needless to say, I was more than skeptical about what Guerlain could offer in this tiny tube of mascara. The wand is nothing special - plastic with short bristly teeth - but boy, did it really get the job done. This lasts all day and keeps my droopy lashes standing upright and looking voluminous right up until I have to wash the day off, though I did have a teensy bit of smudging on one of the balmier nights. One thing to note is that I did seem to enjoy this mascara more the first few days - when the formula was wetter - than when the formula started to dry up, since it became a bit more clump-prone. But overall, I am very impressed and would definitely consider buying the full size, which retails for $32 USD.

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Guerlain Cils D'Enfer So Volume Maxi Lash Mascara Wand

Hope you guys enjoyed this first edition of Sample Sunday

I'm so genuinely excited about this new series - I can't wait to share my thoughts on different products and to finally start whittling down this mountainous collection of beauty samples that has taken over my room for way too long. Ah, liberation!

No comments:

Post a Comment