Friday, July 1, 2016

MONTHLY FAVORITES | June 2016

Today officially marks the start of the second half of the year. Give me a minute while I properly freak out. How are we already halfway done with 2016?!

All the craziness aside, June was a particularly exciting month for me because... I got a new job! Hip hip hooray! Which also explains the lack of posts... my apologies. But June was not exciting in the least in terms of my makeup favorites - I stuck to the same products and slapped them on my face every morning. My goal was to look fresh and awake, and not at all like I stayed up playing with Riley the night before.

MONTHLY FAVORITES | June 2016

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in 52 Vanilla |
As you should already know by now if you've read my rave review, this is one of my favorite foundations of all time. It evens out my complexion, gives me a natural glow, applies like a dream, smells ah-mazing and lasts all day. What more can I ask for?! (Well, maybe SPF... but that's a whole other issue.)

Benefit Erase Paste Brightening Concealer in 2 Medium |
When I feel like I need extra help in the dark circle department - which is always 'cos I'm a night owl - this is what I reach for. This concealer in Medium is a pink, salmon shade that I use as a corrector under my eyes, and although the consistency is very thick - and a little does goes a long way -  it's super easy to blend out and really helps neutralize my dark circles before I go in with concealer. Works like a charm. 

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer in Light Warm |
The Urban Decay and NARS concealers are pretty much interchangeable in my routine - I seriously love them both - but this one in Light Warm is a much lighter shade than my NARS Creamy Concealer in Custard, which makes it more aptly suited for brightening up the under eyes and highlighting the face. It helps trick people into thinking I look super energized and ready to take on the day, when in fact I'm hitting the snooze button on repeat inside.

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in Naturally Neutral |
I got this little gem way back when I was still in college and never opened it until last month. And boy, was I missing out big time. This has become my go-to setting and baking powder for my face and under eyes - I've been using this over my Laura Mercier powders which is saying a lot - and it gives the most beautiful, soft finish to the face. I recall this being around $5 USD and it seriously works like a high-end powder, if not better. The only con is that it has quite an overwhelmingly powdery perfume scent, which some people claim to love, so to each their own. 

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed |
This is the first shade I picked up from the Tarte blush range, and it's my best blush buy to date. It's a gorgeous, rosy nude shade that gives your cheeks a natural flush and I swear it looks perfect with every skin tone and any makeup look. I can also attest to the 12-Hour claim - it's true!

MAC Eyeshadow in Wedge |
This matte, "soft muted beige taupe" shade from MAC is the first eyeshadow I ever purchased from the brand, and is probably my most worn eyeshadow ever. I wear this on my eyes almost every day in some way or another. This month, I've been blending it all over my lids with the fluffy Sigma E40 Tapered Blending Brush, and I'm good to go. It is gorgeous worn alone or as a transition shade, and is definitely a must-have in my books.

Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Rosé |
This adorable, sample-sized lippie from Fresh is perfect to just throw in my makeup bag and apply on the go - it's moisturizing, has SPF, and adds a subtle rose tint to my lips. So much love for such a tiny product. Stay tuned for an upcoming review (hint - rave) on my Fresh lip products! 

So those were my favorites for the month of June, hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment