Sunday, July 31, 2016

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask x Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

It's an extra special Sample Sunday this week 'cos I'm trying out a brand spanking new, fresh-out-of-the-oven product from one of my absolute faves, Fresh!

Fresh is celebrating 25 years of innovation by releasing a brand new product, the Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask. Woooo! I sprinted to the closet Fresh counter straight after work to get a complimentary sample (as all members of the Fresh Family were generously invited to do so), and to my delight, I was gifted with two additional samples - the Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask and Sugar Face Polish - in an adorable sachet along with a packet of dried orange slices for that perfect cup of tea. Uh, brilliant. I've already sampled (and raved) about the Sugar Face Polish, so let's check out the other two masks from Fresh!

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask x Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask |
Just take a look at that pamphlet and tell me you don't feel like smearing all that freshly squeezed goodness all over your face! 'Cos that's exactly what I did the minute I got home. This new product is "an innovative mask made with a concentration citrus blend and potent vitamin fruit complex that gently exfoliates to reveal a vibrant glow". The scent is absolutely delightful - a fruit blend of crushed oranges, lemons and clementines - and the texture feels thick and gooey, with tiny chunks of fruit bits. It felt (and smelled) like I was smearing orange jam all over my face. In a good way! No joke, I had to make a conscious effort not to give this a lick. The mask took extra effort to fully wash off (since it did completely dry down in ten minutes), and while I didn't actually feel any exfoliation action going on, I was pleasantly surprised to find my complexion looked brighter, and my skin plumper! Where dat glow come from, yo? Although I don't find this to be an absolute must-have mask - unless you have serious issues with dry, dull, tired-looking skin - it was lovely to use and still gets two thumbs up from me!

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask

Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask |
Fresh's Black Tea range is wonderful - the Black Tea Age-Delay Instant Infusion is my holy-grail toner - and the sales associate instructed that I applied this Instant Perfecting Mask after the Vitamin Nectar mask to boost and maximize results. This is a "hydrating treatment that immediately reveals softer, firmer, healthier-looking skin" and, just like the toner, has the most soothing aroma of black tea and lychees. The texture is very interesting - it has a whipped, velvety mousse consistency with just a touch of graininess to it when you smooth it over the face. Like mashed potatoes! Dang it, now I'm hungry. I felt a tingly, cooling sensation instantly upon application - as it does claim to have - and this mintiness was further amplified when I rinsed the mask off with cold water after ten minutes. Let me tell you, my face felt freakin' phenomenal after - so refreshed, revitalized and soft. While I'm not exactly sure if it was a result of a combination of the two masks, I've already made a mental note to add this to my wish-list. If you want soft, perfected skin and you enjoy masks that "refresh the skin and the senses", you need this in your life.

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

Because Fresh masks do run on the pricier side (the Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask will set you back $62USD, while the Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask will cost you an arm and a leg, I mean $92USD), I would definitely recommend getting a sample first to see which one gets along best with you skin (Sephora is great at this!). If I had to pick my favorite out of the two, it would have to be the Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask - it made my face feel like a whole new woman.

Let me know if you've tried any Fresh masks, and which ones are your favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment