Sunday, July 17, 2016

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm x Aesop Chamomile Concentrate Anti-Blemish Masque

This week's Sample Sunday is finally featuring one of my all-time favorite brands, Aesop, along with another appearance from longtime fave, Clinique.

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm x Aesop Chamomile Concentrate Anti-Blemish Masque

Aesop Chamomile Concentrate Anti-Blemish Masque |
Along with Fresh, Aesop is up there in my top favorite skincare brands of all time. I adore every aspect about the brand - the products, the packaging, the stores (the interior design is on point), and the brand's overall aesthetics are completely on par with my own. If I were to design my own brand, it would look something like this - clean, understated, minimalistic. I am a religious user of Aesop's Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque and Primrose Facial Cleansing Masque, but the mere mention of chamomile from the sales associate already had me ooh-ing and ahh-ing and begging for a sample. Like the other two, this is also a clay-based masque but is catered especially for troubled skin, and claims to lift impurities and dry excess oil while calming irritated or inflamed skin. Like all Aesop products, the scent is so soothing - a combination of floral and herbal deliciousness - and it has a silky, refined consistency that dries down completely after ten, fifteen minutes. I found this mask did wonders to calm my skin and those occasional pesky bumps on my forehead, and I even used this as a spot treatment (overnight) on a particularly obnoxious zit above my eyebrow that practically vanished the next morning! It washes away so effortlessly - no scrubbing or tugging - and your skin will feel reset and rejuvenated. So yes, I absolutely will purchase the full size! Aesop, you da best.

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Aesop Chamomile Concentrate Anti-Blemish Masque

Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm |
I know I went on a whole spiel about my issue with lipsticks, but that don't mean I'm going to stop trying out new lip products! I chanced upon this generous sample of Clinique's popular Chubby Stick lippie in a local Bonjour store, and couldn't pass it up. It's a nourishing tinted lip balm that contains mango and shea butters that moisturizes the lips while giving off a subtle tint and shine. Sounds like the Fresh Tinted Lip Treatments, doesn't it? I have the shade 16 Voluptuous Violet (the only color they sold) which is described as a "sheer plum violet". I really appreciate that this doesn't need sharpening - which is a pain - and you simply swivel up and voila. This worked exactly as described - it's quite sheer but buildable, and keeps my lips hydrated and gives them a subtle, healthy sheen. This would be a easy, fuss-free lippie option for everyday and especially for those of you who want something low-maintenance. While I don't think this is a run-out-and-buy-this-now sort of product, it is nice and I wouldn't mind picking up the full size, albeit in a different shade - Bountiful Blush or Whole Lotta Honey, perhaps? They both sound right up my street - a girl can never, ever have too many MLBB lippies.

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm - 16 Voluptuous Violet swatch
Swatched once | Swatched heavily

I guess my wallet will be taking a hit soon, but I ain't even sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment