Sunday, July 3, 2016

SAMPLE SUNDAY | Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF35 x Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream

For this week's Sample Sunday, I'm trying out a BB cream that claims to give you flawless, camera ready skin, and an ultra-rich, anti-aging eye cream that claims to target five types of eye wrinkles. I didn't even know there were five types! Let's check it out!


Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF35 |
My first impression of this Smashbox BB Cream was that it felt very similar, in both consistency and coverage, to my NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30, which I love. So that's a good start. This has a thick, creamy texture and has light to medium coverage that instantly evens out my redness and discoloration. Although my shade in Light looks pink straight out of the tube, it turns a golden yellow shade as soon as I start blending it out. I was pleasantly surprised with the oil control - my face looked relatively shine-free (for once) after a long day at work with zero touch ups! With some trial and error, I found this blended into the face the best using a buffing brush - pairing this with my BeautyBlender made my face weirdly patchy. Not cute. Overall, this BB cream really seemed to agree with my skin, and I love that it comes with SPF 35, so I would definitely consider purchasing the full size ($39 USD) once this sample is finished. Smashing!

Swatched | Blended out

Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream |
My mom gave me this deluxe eye cream sample from one of her Shiseido skincare purchases a while back, and although it's targeted for more mature skin, it doesn't hurt to start early! This eye cream claims to counteract five types of eye-area wrinkles, including crow's feet, corner creases, under eye wrinkles, lid creases and vertical lines (not entirely sure what that last one is), as well as improve firmness and the appearance of dark circles. This has a rich and luxurious texture - it's creamy but not greasy - and feels intensely moisturizing under the eyes. Although I used this mainly in my nighttime skincare routine - since it does take a good while to fully absorb into the skin - I tried it a few times in the morning as well and found it worked great under makeup - unlike the First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Eye Cream, this didn't get patchy or ball up under my makeup. Huge plus! While I can't comment on the wrinkle-resisting claims, my under eyes do feel more plump and hydrated after one week, my dark circles seem to have reduced slightly, and I experienced no sensitivity or irritation. And since a little goes a long way, I would be willing to splurge on the full size in the future ($55 USD for 0.5oz) and say au revoir to wrinkles and aged skin!


Finally, two samples that I was actually impressed by! Although my wallet's not going to be too pleased, my skin will thank me fosho.

No comments:

Post a Comment